The 10th Annual TBM Conference
The speed of business and decision making has accelerated dramatically. Quarterly decisions are now happening monthly or weekly. High-performing companies are using technology as a competitive differentiator. The TBM Conference (TBMC) will show you how technology leaders evaluate their investments and portfolio to reallocate resources and defund underperforming digital initiatives—all to win the digital race.
At TBMC, you’ll learn from the experiences of high-performing peers spanning across industries who are aligning technology investments to business outcomes with TBM. Attending TBMC is your opportunity to hear what it means to deliver TBM excellence and prime you to share best practices with your teams. Because this isn’t about what’s coming in the future—we’re in the race now. It’s time to accelerate today.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Technology Business Management (TBM) Conference is coming up on its 10th annual event and is the most important engagement of the year for transformational technology and finance leaders and practitioners. Hosted by Apptio, in partnership with the TBM Council, this hybrid event is designed to bring together more than 2500 global peers as they unite for keynotes, best practice presentations, trainings, and partner sessions that will share how TBM is the command center for trusted decision making, agile transformation, and cloud optimization.
The in-person event will be held at the Fairmont Austin in Austin, Texas.
The in-person conference officially kicks off on Monday, November 7 with Welcome Keynotes in the afternoon and concludes Wednesday, November 9 after the Closing Party. The virtual conference will be hosted November 15-16 with around the sun keynotes hosted in global regions. The sessions will remain on demand for 60 days after November 16th for all registered individuals (both in-person and virtual).
The TBM Conference is hosted and owned by Apptio, in partnership with the TBM Council and its Board of Directors.
Yes, the TBM Council is represented throughout the event, including remaining at the forefront in design of the TBM Council Awards. Additionally, the TBM Council programs such as the strategy communities and education courses remain TBM Council led.
- The health & safety of our customers, prospects, partners and employees remains our top priority at TBMC22. We are following health & safety measures in accordance with Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) and federal, state and local streamlined COVID-19 guidance
- Attendees are not required to show proof of vaccination, a record of a negative COVID-19 test result or wear a mask
- If an attendee tests positive, we ask that they follow guidance from the CDC for testing, isolation, masking, distancing and seeking medical guidance
- Our registration desk staff and mobile app will have information for local testing and urgent care centers
- If you are sick prior to the event (COVID-19, flu, strep, etc.), we ask that you do NOT attend TBMC22
- If you become sick on-site, we ask that you quarantine in your room and make plans to depart the event
- For all life-threatening situations or serious medical problems, call 911 immediately!
- For other health & safety questions/concerns, call Mary Catherine Cornick (919-906-5195) or visit the registration desk on the 3rd floor
Yes, please reach out to the team at email@example.com – we’ll be delighted to hear from you!
Sponsorship opportunities will launch soon. In the meantime, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure you receive the information when it becomes available.
- Business Casual, jeans are acceptable (no holes)
- Awards Ceremony – Cocktail/Semiformal (jacket & tie/cocktail dresses)
- We encourage bringing layers for inside the conference area and the closing party hosted outside on the rooftop
Registration & Hotel Questions
An in-person full conference pass ($799 for early bird, $1199 for standard) includes the following:
- Access to all keynotes and breakout sessions
- Access to the Expo Hall
- Breakfast and Lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday
- All evening events including the Expo Hall Reception, TBM Council Awards Ceremony and Closing Party
- 1:1 Apptio Expert Hour (must be booked in advance)
- Access to the virtual event platform
Note: hotel and travel are NOT included and are the responsibility of the attendee to book.
A virtual conference pass ($99) includes the following:
- Access to all virtual keynotes and on-demand sessions (also available 60 days post event)
- Access to virtual expo hall
If you register before July 15, you qualify for the early bird rate of $799. If you register after July 15, you will pay the standard rate of $1199.
Yes! If you purchase more than 5 passes, you will receive a 15% discount. To automatically apply a discount, please complete registration for each member of your group by clicking “Add Group Member” on your Registration Summary page. Discounts will automatically be applied on the Order Summary page. Note – group discounts CANNOT be applied by adding group members after your registration has been completed.
To make a change in your registration click “Already Registered?” in the bottom right-hand corner of this website. To modify your registration, you will need the email you registered with originally and your confirmation number.
After your registration on the payment screen there is a Discount Code field where you can apply the code you received, and the discount will adjust your payment amount.
Payment is due at the time of registration checkout using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express card. If you need an invoice before providing payment, please select the option to pay by invoice. The invoice must be paid in full within 30 days of receiving.
A registrant must submit a written cancellation request via e-mail to email@example.com, and it must include any applicable registration confirmation numbers. Cancellations submitted in writing and received by Friday, October 7, 2022, at 5:00 pm (ET) will receive a 100% refund of the registration fee. Cancellations submitted by Monday, October 31, at 5:00 pm (ET) will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee. No refunds will be given after Monday, October 31.
CANCELLATION REQUESTS MADE BY TELEPHONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. CONFERENCE NO-SHOWS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND.
Yes. To transfer a conference registration to someone else, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the confirmation number along with the First, Last and email of the individual the registration should be transferred to.
Yes. Government employees can use discount code GOV400 to receive $400 off your total IN-PERSON registration fee and GOV99 to receive $99 off your total VIRTUAL registration fee. For these discounts, you must register using a valid .gov or other public sector domain.